UMSU Graduate Degree Requirements
As a graduate applicant to pursue his/her education beyond that level in M.Sc., Ph.D., Specialty, Fellowship, etc., you should meet certain requirements depending on the program you are applying for as follows:
1. Presenting the assigned degree to apply for different levels which are mentioned in the table below:
2. The certificate must be signed and sealed by political attorneys or IRI consulates in the applicant’s country (for applicants who have graduated from non-Iranian educational institutes).
3. Offering valid certificate confirming that the applicant is not infected with infectious and contagious diseases including HIV, hepatitis B and C, and is not addicted to any drugs and narcotics. The certificate must be signed and sealed by political attorneys or Islamic Republic of IRAN (IRI) consulates in the applicant’s country.
4. Observing educational and disciplinary rules and regulations of the university.
5. Submitting the original confirmed document mentioned above is necessary at the time of registration.
6. Proficiency in English:
IELTS with a minimum band score of 5.5 or its equivalent in TOEFL iBT (minimum 69) or TOEFL PBT (minimum 525) is required upon registration.
7. A high-quality scan of the main pages of your passport
* Note: Persian language is the medium of instruction at UMSU, therefore the applicants who receive final admission must attend and successfully pass courses in a Persian Language Center in a university introduced by UMSU.
* Note: Provided that the English scores are below the required, then the applicant must attend English classes held by English College.
* Grade Point Average (GPA) is presented below:
§ In order to apply for admission to UMSU, the applicant needs an application folder including:
1. Application form.
2. M.Sc. and B.Sc. or equivalent certificates / M.B.B.S./M.D. and specialty or equivalent certificates / Certificate of Internship or Certificate of Practice / with its complete transcript of records (Minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00 or equivalent) signed and sealed by the IRI embassy or consulate in the applicant's country (submitting the original confirmed document at the time of registration is necessary).
3. A copy of all pages of the applicant’s passport ×2.
4. 3 recently taken photographs (3×4 cm)
5. A medical certificate to prove that the applicant does not have any contagious disease (HIV, HBV and HCV) or any other disease incompatible with the medical profession (confirmed by the IRI embassy or consulate).
6. A Resume or C.V.
7. A letter of application or motivation identifying your major and level of interest (*Optional)
After preparing your application folder you have to upload them on http://eform.umsu.ac.ir/Application. The original confirmed document must be delivered at the time of registration to the International Students Admission Committee.
The university will notify the applicant regarding acceptance/rejection of the application three months after receiving all documents.
v In order to start education in the programs, the proof of Persian language fluency is absolutely necessary.
v The tuition fee must be paid by the applicant at the time of registration or beginning of the course.