Health Care Deputy
The first Iranian medical school was founded in 1875 in Urmia and the first Iranian health house was established in 1979 in Urmia. There is a total population of 3168590 in West Azerbaijan province with 42 cities and 2877 villages. In rural areas there are 992 health houses. Almost 115 health care centers include the labor and delivery unit day/night. There are 193 health care centers in urban areas.
Health Care Services:
· Screening for non-infectious and infectious diseases such as asthma; diabetes mellitus; epilepsy; thyroid dysfunction; physical and mental impairments, etc.
· Control of infectious diseases: National immunization coverage and the eradication of smallpox, polio eradication, elimination of neonatal tetanus elimination of leprosy, etc.
2. Family health services:
· There are programs including population control programs, basic maternal and child health care services, such as family planning services, reproductive health care, monitoring infant and child growth; and a vaccinations coverage against measles, rubella, mumps, polio, Pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus, diphtheria, and tuberculosis. In addition, the eradication of smallpox, polio eradication, neonatal tetanus, and leprosy
3. Environmental Health Care Services:
· National safe drinking water program for rural and urban areas, and monitoring program for water supply and sanitation
· Health testing and inspection in public places such as restaurant, food establishments, cafeterias, stores, etc.
· Monitoring proper disposal of excreta, sewage, and clinical and municipal waste
· monitoring and evaluation of sanitation and hygiene education and school health promotion
4. Work Health
· Professional practice and work health and safety
Abilities and Successes:
· Center for Education of Vasectomy
· The first center for Leprosy Elimination Campaigns (LEC), and Special Action Program for the Elimination of Leprosy (SAPEL) in the Eastern Mediterranean Region
· Having potential to implement Primary health care (PHC) in neighboring countries
· implementing the mass vaccination strategies used to eradicate diseases such as poliomyelitis and other immunization campaigns
· Offering basic courses for health care workers
· Presenting international Health Regulations Implementation course (IHR i-course)
· Designing, implementing, and evaluating surveillance for a health event in National and binational level programs for different surveillance system managers