Urmia University of Medical Sciences (UMSU) is a public medical University located in Urmia, West Azarbaijan province, Iran.
The medical college institution which was founded by Joseph Cochran in current location of city campus of Urmia University in 1878 is considered the first attempt to establish higher education institute in Urmia. Dr. Cochran is also often credited for founding Iran’s "first contemporary medical college".
The Website of Urmia University credits Cochran for "lowering the infant mortality rate in the region" and for founding one of Iran's first modern hospitals in Urmia. The medical faculty Cochran established was joined by several other people, namely Drs. Wright, Homlz, van Nourdon, and Miller. They lived for whole of their life in Urmia.
School of Allied Medical Sciences located in Nazlou Campus, 11th kilometer of Serow road in Urmia, I.R. IRAN. The School was established in 1986 in order to training expert professionals in allied medical sciences. We believe that education and good training of students are fundamental for prosper healthcare system and for medical sciences to flourish. Our courses therefore have an emphasis on practical work. Our aim is to train the students with the highest standards in knowledge and skill.
The Faculty of Allied Medical Sciences aims to advance its community by offering helpful courses and programs and paving way for research both locally and globally.
Allied Medical Sciences School Goals
· Encouraging and Training graduate and postgraduate students along with the highest standards in knowledge and skill
· Leading fundamental and applied research through educational teams and research centers.
· Offering continuous education to the Allied Medical Sciences community of West Azarbaijan province
· Department of Health Information Technology (HIT)
· Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences
· Department of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences
· Department of Anesthesia and Surgical Technology
School of Allied Medical Sciences offers several degree programs for undergraduate and postgraduate levels for both national and International students.
Undergraduates are students of universities who have graduated from high school and have been accepted to university and study to get an Associate, B.Sc., M.D., D.D.S., or Pharm.D. degree. The School of Allied Medical Sciences offers undergraduate programs as follows:
A graduate applicant has already completed and obtained the first-level university degree and aims to pursue his or her studies beyond. The graduate programs at School of Allied Medical Sciences are as follows:
Language of Instruction
Classes will be held in Persian and some parts will be in English. Therefore, it is recommended to make arrangements to come at least one semester before to begin your Persian language classes.
The program will be held at UMSU International campus.
* All interested applicants are welcomed to apply to UMSU by completing the online application form available at http://eform.umsu.ac.ir/Application to identify their school, level, and major of interest.